Answered By: Daniel Dylla Last Updated: Oct 14, 2022 Views: 167
You may request books on your own using the Library Catalog or by contacting a library directly. You will need your library barcode number. Click the link "How to find your Library Barcode" below if you do not know your barcode.
Requesting a book using the Library Catalog
- Perform a search for the book using the Library Catalog search
- Locate your chosen book in the results list
- Click Place Request for that result (the Place Request link is located on the right side) See image
- Enter your name
- Enter your library barcode
- Choose a Pickup Location. This is where the book will be sent. See image below
- Click Submit
- Mark a copy of the item that has the status Check Shelf
- Click Request Selected Item
- In 2 business days, your book should be at the Pickup Location you selected
Requesting a book in person
You can also go to your nearest HCC library and we'll be happy to show you how! We'll need to see your HCC Student ID card or other form of valid photo identification.
How long does it take?
It takes 2 business days for a book to get to the chosen location. You should be notified when it arrives by email or phone call. Contact the library you chose as a Pickup Location for more information.