Answered By: Daniel Dylla Last Updated: Feb 25, 2016 Views: 110
You'll need to go to your nearest HCC library to check out a netbook. You'll need to fill out a Checkout Agreement Form and allow the library time to locate a netbook and ensure it's functioning properly. Here are the guidelines to be aware of:
- Students must be at least 18 years old to borrow a netbook.
- Only HCC students in good standing with the libraries (no overdue materials) may borrow a netbook.
- Borrowers must have a current, valid, HCC photo student ID card. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
- Netbooks are available for 2 week checkout periods.
- Netbooks may be renewed online or in person within three days of the due date. They may renewed twice..
- Staff may place hold requests for delivery to a selected HCC library or ERC.
- Netbooks will be held for pickup no more than two days following notification of availability.
- Approximately 4 days after an overdue notice is sent, a second overdue notice will be sent and a negative service indicator for $750 dollars and a $10 processing fee, will be placed on the borrower's record.
- Police reports will be filed for netbooks overdue a month or more or reported stolen or missing by borrowers.
- Netbooks must be returned without damage.
- Repair costs for damaged netbooks may be charged to the borrower
- A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for missing cords
- Students are responsible for removing all personal information from the netbooks prior to returning them to the library. The library has provided a software tool for the students to use for this purpose. The HCC Libraries will not be held responsible for personal information not removed by students.
Be sure to look at our Netbooks LibGuide for all kinds of fun information!