Answered By: Daniel Dylla Last Updated: Mar 07, 2016 Views: 208
The library does not assess late fees for overdue books, but we will place a hold (called a negative service indicator) on your student account. At minimum, this hold will:
- Suspend your library privileges, including off-campus database access and borrowing materials
- Prevent you from registering for HCC classes
- Prevent you from ordering a transcript
Once you return the book(s), we will remove the hold. No fees are assessed if the book is brought back in good condition. If you are unable or unwilling to bring the book back, the hold value must be paid in full in order to remove the hold.
From our guidelines:
126.96.36.199 Penalties for books overdue and 2.108.6 Lost or Damaged Materials
- actual purchase or replacement costs if this cost is available in the catalog item record, plus a $10.00 processing fee
- $40.00 per book if purchase or replacement cost is not noted in the item record, plus a $10.00 processing fee
- uncataloged paperback--$8.00 per book, plus a $10.00 processing fee
188.8.131.52 HCCS student records will receive negative service indicators for any items overdue on the 15th of the month.